- Moving Forward at Dads Back! Academy
- LIFER: Life Stories from the Inside/Out
- The Theatre Intervention Project: a collaboration between TWP, MetroHealth Station & Mount St. Mary's University serving emotionally challenged female patients through theatre activities, creative writing, yoga & meditation.
- Artists Activating Communities, serving former inmates in partnership with Friends Outside in Los Angeles County
- Artists in Schools, serving Los Angeles County High School for the Arts (LACHSA), CHAMPS Charter High School, James Monroe High Schools & ICL Academy
- Professional Development serving James Monroe High School
- Susie Tanner and Kitty Felde presented a workshop entitled ALLIES AT THE TABLE: The Role of White Theatre Artists in Multi-Ethnic Conversations at the NYU 2016 Forum on Educational Theatre (FOET) on April 23, 2016.
- The world premiere of The Luckiest Girl by award winning playwright Kitty Felde, Atwater Village Theatre, December 1, 2 & 4, 2015. Produced & Directed by Susan Franklin Tanner. Featuring Tamika Katon-Donegal, Virtic Emil Brown, Parker Mills, Robert Cesario, Lizzy Rich, Sam Thomas, Christopher Jensen & Sebastian deKlerk. With visual elements designed and executed by Lara Schnitger
Read an article about the production by Steven Leigh Morris in @This Stage magazine
Read Steven's article in TYA Connect, the online newsletter of TYA/USA
Read a Time Magazine article about how Dutch activists are fighting the Zwarte Piet tradition
Visit our Facebook page to see photos of the production
TheatreWorkers Project, in partnership with Sequoyah School, hosted the Northeast LA County & San Gabriel Valley section of the TYA/USA Young Playwrights for Change competition. Grade 6-8 playwrights submitted 10 minute plays (with a maximum of 6 characters) about this year's theme: "What do you want to change about the world?" "The Struggles of Unemployment" by Sydney Davis Denny was chosen as our submission to the national competition.
PAST PRODUCTIONS (representative listing)
No Word in Guyanese for Me, by Wendy Graf at Ensemble Studio Theatre/LA
Choices/Decisiónes, an original performance piece about HIV/AIDS and teen pregnancy, created by students from Manual Arts High School
A Place at the Table/Un Lugar en la Mesa, an original performance piece about immigration, created by students from Manual Arts High School
Lady Beth: the steelworkers play
S.E.L.A!, a play about the communities and people of southeast Los Angeles
Steel Blue Water: the shipbuilders play
Fronteras/Borders, a play created with Latino immigrant workers in association with LA County Federation of Labor
Strike Story: the Harry Bridges play
Journey to Singapore: the infertility play
More Than a Nightingale, a play created with critical care nurses
Voices from the Killing Floor, a play created with striking meatpackers from Austin, Minnesota
No Pasaran!, a tribute to the Abraham Lincoln Brigade
A Cast of Thousands, a Tribute to the Federal Theater Project
FOR WILL PLAY & SHAKESPEARE REMIXED
Aquarius in Arden
Romeo & Juliet Reconsidered
O, Those Midsummer Nights!
Twelfth Night 2012.....a rock & roll romp
The Comedy of Errors.....3 ways